As a matter of principle, all students must fulfil the admission requirements in analogy to §§ 63 and 64 of the Austrian University Act (UG 2002), i.e. in particular they must provide proof of “general university entrance qualification”, an Austrian or “European school leaving certificate” or an “equivalent graduation” (e.g. Abitur, International Baccalaureate), as well as of the “special university entrance qualification” within the meaning of § 65 of the UG for the chosen study programme.
An admission procedure is carried out that focusses not on the Matura or Abitur grading, but on a “Matura-plus concept”. The objective of this admission procedure is to find talented and motivated young people who can be expected to learn scientific thinking on their own, and who are visibly ethically motivated. They are willing and able to undergo qualifying training and to develop the ability to come up with ideas and the will to shape their field. Foreign applicants, for example from the other European countries, but also from outside Europe, have equal opportunities, taking into account the legal regulations and fulfilment of the ENIC-NARIC requirements. The admission procedure is based on the principle of an objective, evidence-based selection in several stages.
The submission of the application folder is followed by the examination of whether the formalities stipulated in sections 63-64 of the Austrian Universities Act (Universitätsgesetz – UG 2002) have been fulfilled and the subsequent review of the “motivation” for a course of study in dental medicine:
- Preliminary registration form (pdf)
- Motivation letter (A4 page)
- Curriculum vitae with passport photo
- Certified copy of the general university entrance qualification* or special university entrance qualification*
- Certificates of participation for a two-week internship at a dentistry practice and
a two-week internship at a dental laboratory
* If the general university entrance qualification exam or the special university entrance qualification exam has not yet been completed at the time of the application, it should be submitted as soon as possible. In such cases, the final grade certificate and report of the previous year should be sent in advance.
General higher education entrance qualification/special higher education entrance qualification:
Applicants who are unable to furnish evidence of having had four teaching hours per week in a science subject (biology, chemistry, physics) at a secondary school after grade 8 before graduating from high school with the (Austrian) Matura or (German) Abitur must, in order to fulfil the “special entrance qualification” required for the Diploma Programme in Dental Medicine for award of the Dr. med. dent. degree, successfully complete a “Science Prep-Course” with a subject-related examination before commencing their studies at DPU.
Please send your application to the Danube Private University, Steiner Landstraße 124, A-3500 Krems-Stein, Austria, Fax: +43 2732 70478 7060, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.