Evidence-Based Dentistry for the Benefit of the Patients
The team at the DPU Dental Clinic in Krems stands for minimally invasive dental treatments, i.e. the particularly gentle, tooth conserving and sustainable treatment of patients. This occurs on the basis of the very latest scientific findings using state-of-the-art methods and equipment, to ensure and secure painless, good chewing function, an aesthetic appearance and consequently an optimal oral and dental health-related quality of life.
The treatments in our dental clinic may also be performed at very favourable conditions by candidati med. dent., i.e. young dentists in training under the supervision of professors, and senior and assistant dentists and doctors.
The directors of our centers and the spheres of treatment that they are responsible for are introduced below.
Univ. Prof. Dr. Constantin von See MaHM
Director of the Center for Digital Technologies in Dentistry (CAD/CAM)
Academic Director of the University’s Master of Science in Aesthetic Reconstructive Dentistry (MSc) Programme
The use of state-of-the-art digital technologies in dentistry allows the individual wishes of the patient and their specific situation to be discussed and addressed in detail before treatment. The end result can be visualized for the patient on the computer and the treatment duration is often reduced as a result. The course of treatment is more gentle, more precise and the outcome more predictable (than with conventional methods), allowing for greater and more long-term patient satisfaction.
All treatments at the DPU Dental Clinic in Krems, whether medically necessary or for aesthetic reasons (e.g. bleaching), are performed with the aim to ensure a radiant smile for the patient.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Andrej Kielbassa
Director of the Center for Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology
- Prophylaxes and prevention: diagnosis and professional dental cleaning
- Filling therapy after caries removal
- Onlays and inlays, also with immediate restoration
- Root canal treatments (endodontics)
- Gingivitis and periodontitis therapies
Univ. Prof. Dr. Dr. Rüdiger Junker (MSc)
Director of the Center for Dental Prosthetics and Biomaterials
- Fixed dental prosthesis: high gold content metal alloy, metal ceramic or all-ceramic crowns and bridges on natural teeth and/or implants; also with immediate restoration
- Removal prosthetics: partial and full prosthesis, attached to natural teeth and/or implants for a better fit
Univ. Prof. Dr. Dritan Turhani
Director of the Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- lmplants (insertion of artificial tooth roots for the use of a fixed or removable dental prosthesis)
- - Augmentation procedures (bone reconstruction with bone adhesion or bone grafting) and sinus lift (maxillary sinus augmentation) with bone substitute materials (hydroxyapatite, tricalcium phosphate)
- Surgical tooth removal (e.g. surgical removal of wisdom teeth or other displaced teeth)
- Surgical measures in connection with an orthodontic treatment (e.g. surgical tooth exposure or tooth transplant)
- Surgical tooth preservation (e.g. apicectomy)
- Treatment of infections (e.g. abscess opening)
- Treatment of cysts in the mouth and jaw area
- Surgical removal of small tumours in the oral cavity
- Correction of cheek, lip and tongue ties, vestibuloplasty, lowering of the floor of the mouth and correction of flabby ridges and exostoses
Univ. Prof. Dr. Dr. Dieter Müßig
Rector of the DPU and Director of the Center for Orthodontics
- Fixed apparatus with high-grade metal or ceramic brackets
- Removable apparatus
- Functional orthodontics: When diagnosed early, dysfunctions in a child’s jaw can generally be treated with simple and gentle therapies as the growth of the jaw is not yet completed and, as a result, possible future effects on the health can be avoided.
- Specific treatment elements:
- Mini-implants for attaching
- Individual retainers to stabilize treatment success
- ‘invisible’ fixed and removable splints on the inner surface of the teeth
- Orthodontic treatment using ‘invisible’ aligner therapy