We Develop Leaders in Dental Medicine
The Danube Private University (DPU) is located in the Stein district of Krems an der Donau in Lower Austria and situated in the Wachau UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Landscape, a mere 60 km from the gates of Vienna, in a region shaped by nature and an extensive cultural offer.
The Danube Private University (DPU) was the first private university in Austria to have a Faculty of Medicine/Dentistry accredited. It has since acquired a wealth of experience in postgraduate and undergraduate programmes, and gained widespread international recognition.
The Danube Private University (DPU) has about 1,800 students enrolled in the following programmes:
- Diploma Programme in Dental Medicine (Dr. med. dent.) (6 years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Dental Hygiene (BA) (3 years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Medical Journalism and Public Relations (BA) (3 years)
- Postgraduate Master of Science (MSc) University Programmes in German and English (3 years):
- Kieferorthopädie (MSc) / Orthodontics (MSc)
- Orale Chirurgie/Implantologie (MSc) / Oral Surgery/Implantology (MSc)
- Ästhetisch-Rekonstruktive Zahnmedizin (MSc) / Aesthetic-Reconstructive
- Parodontologie und Implantologie (MSc) / Periodontology and Implantology
- Endodontie (MSc)
- Clinical Oral Surgeon/Implantologist (MSc, full-time)
- Clinical Orthodontist (MSc, full-time)
- Doctoral Programme (PhD), the crowning achievement of academic study (3 years)
The Danube Private University (DPU) has also been granted the right to habilitation.
The Danube Private University (DPU) is owned by PUSH GmbH (Postgraduate University Studies for Medical Professions), which has been providing dentists worldwide with university-based postgraduate Master of Science (MSc) specialization programmes for almost two decades and allowing its subsidiary, the Danube Private University (DPU), access an extensive network of doctors, dentists and academics. PUSH GmbH will be celebrating its 10th anniversary of its founding in 2019.
The expert opinion published in the reaccreditation procedure by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (Agentur für Qualitätssicherung und Akkreditierung Austria) describes teaching and science at the Danube Private University (DPU) as follows: “In conclusion it must be stated that the academic structure, didactical design of the curriculum, continuing education modules, examination regulations, workload and course duration of the programmes fulfil, if not surpass, international standards.”
Honorary Consul Prof. h. c. Marga B. Wagner-Pischel
Founder, Owner and President of the DPU
Managing Director of the DPU Dental Clinic in Krems
Managing Partner of PUSH GmbH