We develop leaders in dental and human medicine!
Danube Private University (DPU) is located in Stein on the Danube, Krems, Lower Austria, and thus – 60 km (37 miles) away from the metropolis Vienna – in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Wachau, which is characterised by nature and high cultural standards.
Danube Private University (DPU) was the first private university in Austria to receive accreditation for a department of medicine and dental medicine. By now, it can draw on a wealth of experience in postgraduate and undergraduate study programmes and has gained outstanding international recognition.
Some 1,900 students are enrolled at Danube Private University (DPU):
- for Bachelor of Science in Human Medicine (BSc) (3 years)
- in the Master’s Programme in Human Medicine for award of the Dr. med. univ. degree (3 years)
- in the Diploma Programme in Dental Medicine for award of the Dr. med. dent. degree (6 years)
- in the Bachelor’s Programme in Dental Hygiene (BA) (3 years)
- in the Bachelor’s Programme in Medical Journalism and Public Relations (BA) (3 years)
- in the Master’s Programme in Medical Journalism and Public Relations (MA) (2 years)
- in the postgraduate university courses Master of Science (MSc) held in German and English (3 years):
- Kieferorthopädie (MSc) / Orthodontics (MSc)
- Orale Chirurgie/Implantologie (MSc) / Oral Surgery/Implantology (MSc)
- Ästhetisch-Rekonstruktive Zahnmedizin (MSc) / Aesthetic-Reconstructive
- Parodontologie und Implantologie (MSc) / Periodontology and Implantology
- Endodontie (MSc)
- Clinical Oral Surgeon/Implantologist (MSc, fulltime)
- Clinical Orthodontist (MSc, fulltime)
- in doctoral studies (PhD), the crown of scientific achievement (3 years)
Danube Private University (DPU) also has the right to award habilitations (post-doctoral lecture qualification required under Austrian law for obtaining a professorship).
Danube Private University (DPU) is being operated by PUSH – Postgraduale Universitätsstudien für Heilberufe GmbH, which has been working to provide Master of Science (MSc) programmes (study languages: German/English) for dentists worldwide for almost two decades and has been able to contribute a large network of doctors, dentists and scientists to the subsidiary Danube Private University (DPU).
The expert opinion of the Austrian Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation (Agentur für Qualitätssicherung und Akkreditierung Austria) on extension of the accreditation gives the following verdict on teaching and science at Danube Private University (DPU): “In summary, it can be stated that the structure of the teaching, the didactic design of the curriculum, the modules of continuing education, but also the examination regulations, the workload and the duration of the study programmes meet or even exceed international standards.”
Senator Honorary Consul Prof. h. c. Marga B. Wagner-Pischel
Founder, co-owner and president of DPU
Managing Director of the DPU’s Dental Outpatient Clinic Krems
Managing Director and shareholder of PUSH GmbH